Wednesday, July 19, 2017

If Diesel Could Speak What Would He Say?

Diesel had a very rough night last night. We were up at 2:23 a.m. and I stayed awake with him all night.  He seems to do better in the morning after sunrise.

But while sitting with him early this morning I made a promise to him that I would muster the strength to do what was necessary but hurtful.

You see, yesterday afternoon he wanted to play. I tossed his ball just about 15 feet. He ran to pick it up and fell over. I knew he had fainted. 

This morning his appetite is really diminished.  His tongue looks a bit bluish to me. He has lost weight even while eating.

I called the vet's office and made an appointment for tomorrow morning.

I guess the reality is sinking in right now.

I am also questioning whether I am doing the right thing or not.  At times he appears to be doing better and then he has no energy or enthusiasm

I hope I am doing the right thing for Diesel because it really hurts.

When I look into his eyes I think he knows the end is near.  I want to believe he trusts me to do what is best for him - not me.